The pumpkin farms were bustling this past weekend. Everyone heading out to get that perfect pumpkin with their little ones. But, there’s only one more week until Halloween. For some (like me), that means scrambling to get those orange globes cut, cleaned, and carved! Instead of facing that mess, here’s an alternative idea. Continue reading Quick & Easy Pumpkins with Kids
A Halloween Inspired Family Fun Night
Theme: Room on the Broom
Activities: Movie + Easy DIY Craft
It’s that time of year: cooler air, leaves are falling, pumpkins are ready, and Halloween is just around the corner. A perfect time to enjoy a cozy evening indoors after playing outside in the brisk air.
Last year, when my oldest son was three, we looked for some fun Halloween activities. My husband discovered the short film Room on the Broom on Netflix. It was delightful. After watching it just once, our son wanted to watch it over and over again.
It wasn’t long after that night that I decided to help my son make a magic wand just like the witch’s wand in the film/book. He was thrilled!
It was such a fun night, that this year–in anticipation of Halloween–I decided to share this simple DIY magic wand. You too can have a great family fun night making wands and watching (or reading) Room on the Broom.
It’s that time of year when kids are back to school. This year my oldest is beginning preschool. After just one week, he already had multiple art projects he’d poured his heart into. And, as a sappy mom, I MUST have that artwork in my house. But where to put it? I thought about framing it, but that sure would be a lot of frames… and a little overboard. But what about a dynamic display where my son can proudly hang his newest art, and as it gets full, I can take down some of the older pieces?
Yep, that was the answer. But I’m a working mom with a full time gig and a side hustle to boot. So I needed something quick and easy that uses items I already have at home. (Me + 2 kiddos + weekend crowds = avoiding the store like the plague). This is what I came up with:
The Easy DIY Kid Art Display
Estimated time to complete: 5 minutes
- String; you could also use twine, cording, rope, ribbon, or even an old shoe lace
- Clothes pins or binder clips; even paper clips could do the trick if you are desperate
- Hooks for the wall; I used Command Strip hooks to avoid putting a hole in the wall, but eye hooks, screw hooks, or even a simple nail will do
- Find a wall space perfect for displaying your child’s art.
- Place hooks on wall (mine were the self-adhesive stick-on type). Space the hooks no further apart than the length of your string.
- Cut string to length. You want to make the string a few inches longer than the distance between the hooks.
- Make loops at each end of the string.
- Hang string on the wall hooks.
- Use clothes pins and binder clips to hang the art.
That’s it. All done!
Let me know how your art display turns out! Comment below, share a pic to @LCeeeDesigns on FB/Instagram/Twitter, or tag it #LCeeeDesigns
Here’s a video if that helps!